How To Use A Kitchen Siphon
The Biggest Cream Charger Knowledge Base Online
How To Use A Kitchen Siphon
The kitchen siphon is one of the essential products for lovers of good food and desserts. With this item, we can make delicious whipped creams and add them to sauces, liqueurs, desserts, etc. But, do you know how to use it? In the following guide, you will learn how to use a kitchen siphon.
Guide | Learn how to use a kitchen siphon correctly
In the kitchen, we have different products that can completely transform the preparations we make on a daily basis. If you are looking for more, the kitchen siphon is the next challenge we propose.
First of all, you should know that we are dealing with a container that is safe and has a reliable mechanism that works, as long as the recommended instructions for use are followed.
Preliminary tips for using the kitchen siphon
- It is not recommended to mix components and loads of different brands.
- It should not be opened if it is not empty (be sure to remove all the contents before).
- Cleanliness is essential for its correct operation (the parts of the silicone gasket, the spring, and the valve inside the head must be clean and well-fixed).
Parts of the cream siphon
The foam siphon or kitchen siphon is composed of:
- Container: it is the siphon body itself, where the mixture to be whipped is added.
- Tank: the capacity of the siphon can be 250 ml, 0.5 liters, and 1 liter.
- Head: this is another part of the kitchen siphon. It is a stainless steel mechanism used as a lid. This is where the gas charges are introduced and where the contents come out after operating the lever.
- Nozzles: the nozzles known as decorative nozzles are the part through which the foam comes out. They can be straight or curly. They are simply placed on the head of the kitchen siphon to obtain the desired shape.
- Tank for the cream charges: it is a cylindrical steel tube in which the gas charges are placed. It is simply screwed on the upper part of the siphon, where the valve is located and which releases the gas into the container. Then the tank can be removed and the empty charge can be released.
Now that you know the parts of a kitchen siphon, we can proceed to the steps to follow to make whipped cream, which we like so much in desserts.
Steps to follow to use the cream siphon
- Add the liquid mixture to the container. It is important that it has an adequate proportion so that it can be whipped with the siphon. That is to say, it must contain some agents such as fat, starch, albumin, gelatin. Another recommendation is that the liquid is strained so that it cannot obstruct the valve and, even better if the ingredients are mixed. The maximum allowable charge should not be exceeded either, because it is necessary to leave a little margin for the air coming from the gas charges to enter.
- Screw on the head. Make sure it is clean and the valve, spring, and silicone gasket are securely fastened.
- Place the cream cartridge inside the charge tank. Make sure that the mouth part is facing outwards.
- Place the load tank on the head. The next thing you have to do is to turn the foam siphon downwards and then place the load tank.
- Let the whipped cream rest in the refrigerator. The next thing to do is to let it rest between 4 and 5 º C, previously loaded and in a horizontal position. It can be kept refrigerated for hours, or days, just be sure to keep it refrigerated for at least 30 minutes. Be careful, it should not be put in the freezer.
- Serve the whipped cream. If you have followed all these steps it is time to plate, because the cold foam will be perfect from the refrigerator and will have a perfect texture. However, remember to plate it together before the dish comes out because it will stay firm for about 10 minutes.
What to do after using the siphon?
- Empty the remaining contents before opening. You can empty it in the sink until you see that nothing comes out.
- Clean the siphon. After checking that it is empty, clean the body with warm water, a little soap, and dry it very well. Do not put it in the dishwasher and store it open and separate the head from the body to avoid odors.
What size siphon to buy for home?
For homemade preparations, a 250 ml kitchen siphon may be sufficient, or 500 ml for larger families. In the case of baking, a 1-liter cream siphon is worthwhile.
We hope this guide will help you to start using the kitchen cream siphon successfully. If you have any questions, ask us!